Please use this link to purchase tickets for the Medina Band Show.
**Please Read – Band Family Info from Medina
Please see this form for information about the show from the Medina Band Parents’ Association.
Notes for Students and Parents
Students – You will have the opportunity to go to the concession stand following our performance. Make sure to bring money if you plan to eat then. Food will not be provided otherwise, so you should plan to eat before our call time and at the concession stand.
Parents/Families – You will notice this type of show is different than you may be used to with OMEA Competitions. Most spectators will stay for the entirety of the show and watch all of the bands. Additionally, the bands performing will not be scored by judges which means there will not be an awards presentation at the end of the event based on scores. Enjoy each band as they will all have different things they do well. I think many of you will enjoy this fresh perspective on marching bands rather than everything being about receiving a score.
Coventry Band’s Schedule
- CHS Door 16 Opens – 4:00pm
- Call Time for students – 4:20pm
- Be in seats with instrument ready for a warm up
- Section leaders report attendance to Breanna
- Stuff to Trailer – 4:40pm
- See the list below for details.
- Put Uniform on – 4:40pm
- Uniform Inspection in seats in Band room – 5:05pm
- Load Bus – 5:10pm
- Depart CHS – 5:15pm
- Arrive at Medina and Unpack – 5:55pm
- Warm-up – 6:10pm
- In-seats to set stuff down, restroom – 6:30pm
- Exit stands and get plumes on – 6:45pm
- Show Begins – 7:00pm
- Coventry Performance (Approx.) – 7:25pm
- Arrive back to CHS (Approx.) – 10:30pm
- I will send a remind to confirm our arrival time when we are about 25 minutes away from CHS
“Stuff” that Goes to the Trailer
- All trailer instruments
- All Pit Equipment for Halftime
- Field Commander Ladder
- Cooler full of water and ice
Includes: Dinkles (they must be clean), black socks (calf/knee high without other markings), athletic shorts, Black 2023 Band T-shirt, Uniform Pants, Uniform Jacket, shako (hat), and black gloves. Additionally, your hair should be neatly up so that it can fit inside the shako. If you’re not sure, ask a veteran member. Piercings need to be removed, replaced with something clear, or covered with a skin colored bandage. Bandanas, sunglasses, etc. are not a part of the uniform and points and/or future 3rd quarter free time will be lost for not wearing the correct uniform. Once your uniform is on, it is to stay completely on unless a director tells you otherwise, this includes the shako and gloves.
Guard, Mr. Ballog will communicate with you about uniform expectations.
Grade/3rd Quarter Freedom/Performance Eligibility
You do received a grade for marching band performances and rehearsals. Your grade is a reflection of you being present, on time, in the correct uniform, having all required things for the performance/rehearsal, and having your music checked off. Failure to do any of those things will result in the loss of points for your grade, 3rd quarter freedom privileges, and/or performance eligibility.