Rehearsals will continue to take place on Mondays and Thursday through Thursday November 3rd. Practices will take place from 2:40pm-5:00pm. Practice on Thursday October 27th will end at 4:30pm. because of the following event.
Track or Treat
Track or treat will take place on Wednesday 10/26/2022. Info was shared previously and can be found here: https://coventrybands.com/2022/10/19/track-or-treat-oct-26th-2022/
Band Pumpkin Carving
Students are welcomed to a pumpkin carving event on Thursday October 27th 2022 from 5:00pm-7:00pm. Students should bring their own pumpkin and tools. Their pumpkin should be opened, gutted, and cleaned out prior to the event. Students are encouraged to bring a snack to share! This event will take place at the Eder (Chloe Eder is the student) household and all marching band students are welcome. The address of the Eder household will be shared with students at the end of rehearsal on Thursday, but it is within 5 minutes of the high school.
Football Game 10/28/2022 – Away @ Beaver Local
46090 Bell School Rd, East Liverpool, OH 43920
Tickets to this game can be purchased here: https://www.ohsaa.org/tickets
Parking for this event will cost $3.00.
- Call Time – 3:55pm
- “Stuff” to Trailer – 4:00pm
- See list below for details
- In Seats with Uniforms and everything for the game – 4:20pm
- Depart CHS – 4:30pm
- Arrive at Beaver Local – 6:10pm
- In stands to watch pregame- 6:35pm
- Game Starts: 7:00pm
- Approx. Return to School: 12:00am
“Stuff” that Goes on the trailer
- Speaker and Stand
- All Pit Equipment for Halftime – Place neatly in front of fence by the stands
- Cymbal Bags
- All Flip Folders
- Drum Stands
- Field Commander Ladders
- Cooler full of water and ice – Chaperones
- We will give each band member a small bottle of water as we do uniform inspection in parade block before marching to the stadium.
- Med Bag – chaperones (this should travel with us from the band room to the stadium)
- Plumes – chaperones
We will wear the full uniform for this game. This includes: Dinkles (they must be clean), black socks (calf/knee high without other markings), athletic shorts, Grey 2022 Band T-shirt, Uniform Pants, Uniform Jacket, shako (hat), and black gloves (will be provided on Friday). Additionally, your hair should be neatly up so that it can fit inside the shako. If you’re not sure, ask a veteran member. Piercings need to be removed, replaced with something clear, or covered with a skin colored bandage. Bandanas, sunglasses, etc. are not a part of the uniform and points and/or 3rd quarter free time will be lost for not wearing the correct uniform. Once your uniform is on, it is to stay completely on unless a director tells you otherwise, this includes the shako and gloves.
Guard, Mr. Ballog will communicate with you about uniform expectations.
Grade/3rd Quarter Freedom/Performance Eligibility
Please note that since the beginning of the school year is upon us, you do received a grade for marching band performances and rehearsals. Your grade is a reflection of you being present, on time, in the correct uniform, and having all required things for the performance/rehearsal. Failure to do any of those things will result in the loss of points for your grade, 3rd quarter freedom privileges, and/or performance eligibility.
OMEA State Marching Band Finals
On Saturday 11/5/2021 the Coventry High School Marching Band will travel to Medina High School to perform at Ohio Music Education Association’s State Marching Band Finals. Students, parents/guardians, and Coventry Band supporters, please read the following information carefully.
Coventry Band Schedule
- Call Time – 7:15am
- Rehearsal – 7:30am-8:30am
- Stuff to Curb – 8:40am
- Uniform Inspection – 8:55am
- Load Buses – 9:00am
- Depart Coventry – 9:10am
- Arrive at Medina – 9:50am
- Unload, Restroom, Water, Stretch
- A snack will be provided at this time
- Meet Host – 10:50am
- Warm-up – 10:55am
- Leave Warm-up – 11:40am
- At Gate – 11:55am
- Perform – 12:00pm
- Pack trailer following performance
- Return to Stadium for Awards
- Awards – 1:15pm
- Concessions and watch other bands – 1:45pm-2:45pm
- Depart – 3:00pm
- Approximate arrival back to school – 3:45pm
- General Information
- For the enjoyment of everyone and out of respect for our student performers, air horns and any other type of noise maker are strictly prohibited. Enthusiastically support all of the performers through your generous applause!
- T-shirts will be sold at all Medina. Credit cards will be accepted.
- If you would like to submit a t-shirt order to be picked up by the boosters, please complete the order form (sent out through remind, given to students, and attached below) and send payment in by Thursday October 27th.
- Adults: $10
- Seniors: $7
- School-age Children: $7
- Children Under 5 are free
- $5 per car
- Medina High School: 777 E Union St, Medina OH, 44256
- OMEA SMBF Live Stream
- $20 gets you access to all FOUR days of SMBF
- This is a LIVE broadcast, tune in to watch your band as they perform
- Performances are archived for on-demand viewing, but it may take a week or more
- Sign-up via the OMEA Network
Please see the below schedule for a full schedule for the day. There are schedules for four days. Make sure you look at the schedule for November 5th at Medina High School.
As always, please let me know if you have any questions!