The location listed on Coventry Athletics website for this weeks game at Cardinal is:
16175 Almeda Dr. Middlefield, OH 44062
The schedule and call time for this week is early, but with the game being such a far drive and it being our first away game, travel as well as packing and unpacking are going to take more time. I have tried to make a schedule that will allow us the time we need to get things done, but will also not have us sitting around with extra free time. Thank you for understanding.
- Call Time – 3:45pm
- Food will be provided by Band Parents
- “Stuff” to Trailer – 4:15pm
- See list below for details
- Put Uniform on
- Uniform Inspection in Seats – 4:35pm
- Load Buses – 4:40pm
- Depart CHS – 4:45pm
- Arrive at Cardinal – 6:15pm
- Un-Pack Trailer – 6:20pm
- Stretch/warm-up – 6:40pm
- March into Stadium – 6:50pm
- In stands to watch pregame – 7:00pm
- Game Begins – 7:30pm
- Arrive at Coventry (Approx.) – 12:00am
- I will send a remind to confirm our arrival time when we are about 25 minutes away from CHS
“Stuff” that Goes on the Trailer
- Speaker and Stand
- All Flip Folders (in large bags by section)
- Drum Stands
- All Front Ensemble Instruments and Equipment for Halftime
- Drums and Harnesses
- Cymbals in Bags
- Bari Sax
- Tenor Saxes
- Field Commander Ladders
- Cooler full of water and ice
- Med Bag (this should travel with us the entire evening)
Bus Rules and Considerations
- Always listen to the bus driver, chaperones and Directors
- There should be zero noise at a railroad crossing
- No food or drink should be consumed on the bus
- Guys should be sitting with guys and girls with girls. Additionally, couples should not be sitting together on the bus.
- If the bus ride is longer, your uniform jacket may come off. It should NEVER touch the ground of the bus or be hanging out the window. If you jacket is off, it should be back on as soon as we are pulling into the away high school.
- DO NOT get off the bus until you are instructed to do so by a director.
- You should be in full uniform before you get off the bus.
- Don’t leave valuable personal belongings on the bus as there is no guarantee the bus locks and there may not always be someone with the bus. We will also not be carrying bags into the stadium.
We will wear the full uniform for this game. This includes: Dinkles (they must be clean), black socks (calf/knee high without other markings), athletic shorts, Black 2022 Band T-shirt, Uniform Pants, Uniform Jacket, shako (hat), and black gloves (will be provided on Friday). Additionally, your hair should be neatly up so that it can fit inside the shako. If you’re not sure, ask a veteran member. Piercings need to be removed, replaced with something clear, or covered with a skin colored bandage. Bandanas, sunglasses, etc. are not a part of the uniform and points and/or 3rd quarter free time will be lost for not wearing the correct uniform. Once your uniform is on, it is to stay completely on unless a director tells you otherwise, this includes the shako and gloves.
Guard – Mr. Ballog will communicate with you about uniform expectations.
Grade/3rd Quarter Freedom/Performance Eligibility
Please note that you do receive a grade for marching band performances and rehearsals. Your grade is a reflection of you being present, on time, in the correct uniform, and having all required things for the performance/rehearsal. Failure to do any of those things will result in the loss of points for your grade, 3rd quarter freedom privileges, and/or performance eligibility.