Happy Thursday! I want to thank you ahead of time for reading this lengthy post. We have a bunch of announcements this week and want to make sure everyone is in the loop of what’s going on inside the band program.
- The band parents are currently looking for volunteers to sign up to work in the concession stand. We are also in need of chaperones for away games and competitions. If you wish to sign up to help please visit http://www.signup.com and search for “Coventry Band Parent Association”.
- We are collecting Acme Receipts for community cash back. If you, your friends, your neighbors, or anyone you know shops at Acme, have them save their receipt. The band receives a portion of the sale! Collected receipts can be given to Mr. Welker. This is a quick and easy way to make money for our program!
- Bling It On is still making Band Gear for anyone interested. You are welcome to visit their store or pick up a flyer in the band room. This clothing is very nice and is a great way to support the band in the stands. We are also selling shirts and band towels here at the school. CHSMB Shirts are $10, PHANTOMS Shirts are $15, and spirit towels are $5. To purchase these items you can email Mr. Welker at email@example.com.
- Rose Day is coming (Saturday – October 6th)! Kevin Powell is our chairman and contact person for this event. He is currently in need of some drivers to help get the students out in the community to deliver these flowers. This event is one the kids and community really love! If you are interested in driving you may contact Kevin at 330-475-6224 or you can sign up on the Band Parent Association’s Facebook Page. THIS IS A FUNDRAISER THAT EARNS YOUR STUDENTS ACCT MONEY
- Students have been provided with drawstring backpacks for games/competitions. These bags serve as part of a uniform and allow the students to put things in them that they will need throughout the events. Items should include: WATER, music, drill info, etc. Please be sure to bring your own water with you to events. We want to be sure all students are hydrated and cared for! Be responsible for you!
- This weekend is our first competition of the year! Our ensemble will be performing at 4:45p on Saturday at Cloverleaf High School. We would love to see a full crowd of Blue and Gold! More info regarding the competition has been sent out in the remind app and it can also be found on the Schedule of Events Page (www.coventrybands.com/schedule-of-events).
Thank you for all you do to support our band program. We are very fortunate to have wonderful students and wonderful families. This season is off to a great start, and we are very excited to see where it takes us. GO COMETS!